DRAMA (pantomime/video - January 2013)
The Human Rights Violation, we fear, most is Modern Slavery.
Like the African slaves in America, modern workers and job-seekers are most likely to be treated like tradable objects: work à la carte, no employment contracts, no salary, no insurance, trafficking and unemployment; perhaps even having to work to pay off bank loans.
Who will save us?
- A number of pupils stand to be the slaves, wearing scruffy clothes and having their hands tied with a rope.
- They are led by a slave trader, who is wearing a hat.
- Next to them there is a table where two gentlemen are seated, dress formally. They are the slave purchasers.
- The slave purchasers stand up and examine the slaves holding bags of money. They pay the slave trader.
- A crowd of people enter holding a poster with the word FREEDOM.
- Slave traderSlave purchasers
- A rope
- 2 posters (slave trade & freedom)
- A desk with 2 chairs
Comenius Project: Human Rights in Europe
Work: DRAMA (Pantomime/video) for Comenius meeting in Valence France
in February 6th – February 12th, 2013
Participants – pupils of 3rd
“Miltos Kountouras” Upper Secondary
Abatzoglou Peter, class A
Sarantakis Dionysis, class A
Stavrianidis Vassilis, class B
Vallidis Nikitas, class B
Ioannidis Charis, class B
Kapsi Konstantina, class A
Kaloussis Vassilis, class B
Georgantopoulos Giorgos, class B
Vamvakidis Giannis, class A
Stamati Popi, class B
Tsichrigi Vassiliki, class B
Mantaga Katerina, class A
Kitsos Dimitris, class B
Narrator & co-operators
Qesko Zoe, class C
Michou Christina, clacc C
Louka Rafaela, class B
Mike Sarikos: scenario, script
Stavriana Soubassi: intro, comments, video recording
Katerina Fyssaki: Video editing
- Paul McCartney – Freedom
- Respira, video by Spanish CGT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y-H_KssDdk )