Preparations before the meeting in Poland
Violations of the articles 1, 3, 9, 10, 22, 27
- All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
- Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.
- No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.
- Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.
- Everyone, as a member of society, has the right to social security and is entitled to realization, through national effort and international co-operation and in accordance with the organization and resources of each State, of the economic, social and cultural rights indispensable for his dignity and the free development of his personality.
- (1) Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
- (2) Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
Links for information
· Ulysses´ Gaze Best Scene
- Sarajevo roses http://youtu.be/HDjxTiKD514
- http://h.etf.unsa.ba/srp/vmuzej/index-e-1.htm (Sarajevo siege)
In october 1968 a filmteam managed to shoot the above video, using a hidden camera. This period, the famous Greek composer Mikis Theodorakis and his family (daughter Margarita and son Yorgos) lived in a small village Zatouna in Peloponnissos. The dictatorship kept him there under house arrest.
Some of his most impressive music was written in Zatouna; "the Arkadian cycles." In this footage you can hear Theodorakis read and sing the song Pelago (sea) which he was composed only some days after the coup of 1967.